Friday, July 19, 2013

Sweetness by Penny Black

Sweetness by Penny Black by judkajudy
Love this large slapstick background stamp by Penny Black. It makes a lovely card on its own, but this time I stamped the image a second time and colored and cut out two of the flowers. I mounted them with foam dots onto the first image. I added a bow and a mini tag with a sentiment from PB's Charms transparent set.

Life has assumed it's slower paced routine at our house. Evie is now one month old and thriving! Pictures arrive daily and it's a joy to watch her grow!

Our efforts this week are aimed at dealing with the heat and humidity of an Alabama July!! The golfer has conceded the need for a riding cart; the dog prefers very short walks and firmly plants his feet until you turn around to return to the air conditioning, and I have taken to crock pot meals that don't heat up the kitchen!

I am so happy my hobby takes place indoors where the Diet Pepsi stays cold and sunburn isn't an issue!! Hope you are coping with the heat (or cold if you are down-under). Most of all, I thank you for your visit.

2 comments:

Penny Ward said...

Very pretty! Love the ribbon. I can't tell what the sparkly thing is on the flowers...

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Judy. I'm just watching the evening news and it's say that USA is quite warm! Heat waves all over the country. We are having a reasonable winter in Auckland ~ today warm enough to sit outside to eat our lunch. Jumpers on of course! Keep cool