Saturday, July 6, 2013

Bridal March

100_5510


This is an image from Penny Black's woodblock stamp "Bridal March."  I've seen a lot of gold on cards lately and wanted to give gold embossing a try once again!! 

I stamped the image on vellum and embossed with gold.  The vellum layer was placed over a vibrant patterned paper in gold hues.  I used spray adhesive to attach the vellum and loved how it dealt with any warping of the vellum!

I used glossy gold paper to provide a border and added some salmon colored pearls for a bit of color.  I'm wondering if this card could be used for a golden wedding anniversary, too..... but alas!  No groom!  Kind of like the first wedding day, right?

I appreciate your visit!!  And I love comments!

12 comments:

Dawn T said...

so elegant Judy. Love the gold and the way you've added the pearls.

joy said...

Just exquisite, Judy! I love the added little pearls.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful! Love the gold on the vellum!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Judy - just love the gold embossed bride - so elegant!!

Nat said...

beautiful design, love the gold details!

Penny Ward said...

Very pretty...I love the softness of the background because of the vellum. I think it would make a perfect anniversary card!

Jean said...

Gorgeous - wonderfully elegant.

donna mikasa said...

This is so elegant, Judy! Gold embossing on vellum over patterned paper? Genius!

Sue McRae said...

This is so elegant Judy! Love your use of the vellum.

Sally said...

Beautiful design, Judy! Love the gold embossing on vellum over the pretty patterned paper.

Lin said...

WOWZERS, Judy, this is pretty! Love that gold!

Greta said...

So, so gorgeous! I totally love this creation, Judy!