Monday, July 29, 2013

Fun in the Sun

100_5667

I am trying my hand at CAS (clean and simple) today. I wanted to use waves, clouds, starfish and suns but held back and went with only Mimi and her swim ring. I have layered the duckie and added Glossy Accents for dimension. I even put the washi tape away .. that will be for another day.

I made this card for the challenge going on at the Penny Black Blog; it's called "Beat the Heat". I can't think of a better way to beat the heat than to head for the swimming pool... or sprinkler, lake or ocean!!


The challenge runs through August 5th so you still have time to enter. Penny Black is also featuring cards from their gallery on the blog this week. The next card featured could be yours!

I have been missing some favorite parks and lakes in Wisconsin. During the summer I would take the kids and their water toys along with a book for me and we would head to our favorite state park, Devils Lake. The kids would play in the water while I sat under a huge shade tree and watched people or read my book. Last Friday I discovered a lovely park, campground and marina within ten minutes of my home, situated on the beautiful Tennessee River!! What a treasure! Cooper and I will be spending time there this summer while the golfer of the family pursues his favorite sport. The perfect cure for homesickness!

THE WINNER OF THE PRIZE I OFFERED FOR THE HERO ARTS HOSTESS PICNIC BLOG HOP IS KIM M. OF CANADA (ART KEEPS ME SANE). THANKS TO ALL WHO VISITED AND LEFT COMMENTS!

Hope you have found a way to keep cool and beat the heat! Thanks for your visit!



4 comments:

Barb said...

So cute, Judy! Love the photo corners and your beautiful coloring!

So glad to hear you found a new spot that reminds you of good memories. Sounds wonderful!

joy said...

Adorable card, Judy! Enjoy your new retreat!!

Loly Borda said...

So lovely! I like that you used summer-y colors too. TFS

Unknown said...

Devil's Lake rocked! Love the Card mom. Evelyn misses Grandma.