Saturday, July 20, 2013

Look what I did!

Look what I did! by judkajudy
The morning started out with my wanting to be creative but with only blank space where my mojo should have been!! So I did what I could and gathered my acrylic blocks and gave them a good scrubbing. And then I proceeded to tidy my crafting space. And there, sitting in its packaging, were the mini canvases I purchased yesterday at Michael's.

They were just the right place to start! The surface was pre-pepped with gesso and was very forgiving as I experimented.

I stamped the flower from Penny Black's Blooming Garden and a sentiment from PB's Eloquence and then heat embossed. Then it was a matter of applying various inks with a sponge pad. The gesso provides a base that allows a lot of movement of the inks, even wiping them off if need be. When I got the look I wanted, I sprayed the finished canvas with a fixative. Added a wooden bird for balance. I found this neglected frame in the closet and presto! This will sit on my desk to fluff up my ego!!


In case you couldn't read the sentiment:

100_5652


Too hot to be outdoors today! Big golf tournament on tv to keep husband entertained. I will have lots of time to play today. Hope you can do the same.

So glad you stopped by!!

13 comments:

Patti J said...

Lucky you, with the whole day to play! This is beautiful! I've yet to experiment with Gesso, but looking forward to doing so. Your project should go right up on the wall - great piece of art! Thanks for sharing :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

So gorgeous! Love it! I think you still have your Mojo!

Lin said...

Love how this turned out, Judy! And the bonus was how much fun you had doing it!!

Betty said...

love that little canvas - and the colors are perfect in that frame - might just have to check those canvases out at michael's. have fun creating the rest of the day - that's my plan too!

Barb said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Judy! You should be very proud of yourself! I love the way it turned out!

I'm playin' with inks today too - trying to catch up with the current online card class. Have fun! :)

Cindy C. said...

It's wonderful piece Judy!

Nat said...

I love working with canvas, beautiful results!

Penny Ward said...

Holy Kamoly, what a piece of art!!! Crud, you are going to make me try this now...I saw the tiny canvases at Michaels and have been tempted. This is beautiful Judy.

Dawn T said...

totally stunning Judy. The canvas in the centre of the frame is eye catching. Love the colours you used to colour the background.

Greta said...

Fabulous, Judy! I need to use the mini canvas I picked up a couple weeks ago & you've inspired me! Amazing you had the exact frame you needed!

Sue McRae said...

Fabulous art work Judy, love how this turned out!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, Judy - looks wonderful in the frame :)

cheiron said...

This is beautiful Judy! Love it.