Sunday, September 22, 2013

Autumn Blessings Penny Black

Autumn Blessings Penny Black by judkajudy
Yesterday I posted a Christmas card and today I am playing with Fall colors. I couldn't get into the Fall theme without just the right patterned paper, and I wasn't able to find what I had in mind locally.

I have a friend, Sally, who lives in Missouri and she has the knack for sending little gifts at just the right time; this time it was a 6x6 paper pad called Happy Harvest by Doodlebug Design. It is just perfect to enhance any fall image. Also in the package were hundreds of small, detailed die cut leaves, acorns, branches, and other diecuts, each style packed in the perfect baggie for size and quantity!! I think Sally knows I would never have the patience to cut so many tiny items!! I have been known to hoard the things she sends, but this time I intend to use and enjoy!!

The flower is the smaller dahlia image stacked with a pop dot onto the center of the larger dahlia image from Penny Black's transparent set "Dahlias". Both flowers were stamped in VersaMark and embossed in white. Distress inks were rubbed onto each flower to create the color. That is real burlap that serves as the base for everything else!

I added white enamel dots and did a little stitching. I love the texture and colors in this card.

banner
Don't forget about the Color Combo Challenge at the Penny Black blog.  You have until September 27th to enter.  This card most closely uses the color palette shown on Day  5 of the challenge.

Hope your weekend was a good one!

12 comments:

Cindy C. said...

This is really beautiful Judy! Love the rich warm colours!

Lucille K said...

Beautiful Autumn card, Judy :)

Barb said...

Judy, I think this is one of my all time fave cards of yours! The paper, the leaves, that burlap and your stitching, all come together so beautifully! It's the perfect autumn card and I love it!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Gorgeous!

donna mikasa said...

Ditto to what Barb said--one of my all time faves! Love the texture, the layers, the gorgeous dahlia. Wowzers!

Sally said...

Wow Judy, this is beautiful! Love the textures, the rich fall colors, and those beautiful dahlias! I knew that paper pad was meant for you!

Nat said...

beautiful Fall design! Love the added sewing stitches!! :)

Dawn T said...

Just stunning Judy. And what a timely gift. The PP and the leaves really pop on this card.

Penny Ward said...

Simply Stunning!!! The papers are gorgeous! (you have nice friends).
I love the burlap...what texture on this beautiful card!

Rosemary said...

fabulous fall card, judy!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Judy! My jaw dropped when I saw this beautiful card! Love every single thing about it!

Kim M said...

This is beautiful, Judy!