Friday, November 22, 2013

Snowlight by Penny Black

Penny Black Snowlight
 
 
I used Penny Black's slapstick stamp "Snowlight" to stamp and heat emboss in white onto patterned paper.  The sentiment is stamped and embossed onto vellum with the edges tucked between the layers.  This stamp can be used in so many ways and makes "mass production" easy.  I added the little red hearts for a pop of color.
100_5818.jpg

For the first time ever I have put up our tree before Thanksgiving.  I didn't mean to.  I wanted the decorations brought down from the attic so when it was time I could just get to it.  Well, one thing lead to another and before I knew it, the tree was up on the 19th of November ... a new record!  And coincidentally, I have little red hearts scattered among the branches.  I think I am making up for last year when we didn't decorate for Christmas because we would be in Wisconsin. 
 
The rest of the house is still in Thanksgiving mode .... I love being an adult and having the power to put the tree up when the mood strikes!
 
I have made many Christmas cards this year; hope I realize it doesn't count until you mail them!!
 
Have a great weekend and thanks for your visit.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Judy! Love the soft blue with the bits of red!

How fun that you put up your tree already! Would love to see it - take a pic and share? Happy weekend to you! ♥

Lin said...

I so love this aqua and red combo - and I'd love to see your tree too - the idea of the hearts throughout melts mine!

Greta said...

I never think to stamp on printed paper--thanks for the reminder, Judy! This card is so pretty--love the color combo & use of the red hearts! Seems like the Christmas decorations just get up & it's time to take them down. Glad you'll get to enjoy your tree before your trip. I've gotta actually mail my cards, too--my least favorite part--LOL!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours. We don't do our tree till a couple of weeks before Christmas as we get a real pine tree. Yours looks beautifully decorated.