Friday, November 1, 2013

Warm Wishes

Warm Wishes by Penny Black


I am working on non-Christmas cards but in the meantime, enjoy this poinsettia image by Penny Black.  This woodblock stamp is called Warm Wishes.  I'm not sure if any of those petals were supposed to be green, but I like the break from all the red and white.  I embossed the Nestie diecut circle and mounted it onto white cardstock that had been trimmed with the polka dot paper strips.

I do enjoy seeing Christmas cards in non-traditional colors, but there is something about the red, white and green combo that says "Christmas". 

We had a total of 10 little kiddles for trick or treat last night.  Unfortunately, it was rainy and windy and not good weather for the little ones to be out.  I have lots of candy left over!!  Not a good thing.  Especially when you are married to a man who thinks that an apple is a good dessert.  (Plain, no caramel).

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.  Take time to play.  Thank you for your visit and especially thank you for all the comments on Baby Evie's photo yesterday.  I just couldn't resist posting that adorable photo!!  I'd think she was adorable even if she wasn't my grandchild.  We are so blessed.

6 comments:

Barb said...

This is gorgeous, Judy! I love how you created the background with that pretty, dotty paper, and your poinsettia is just beautiful! ♥

Greta said...

Beautiful poinsettia! I'm wishing I had that stamp, even though I have quite a few poinsettias. I agree about red & green--always love it for Christmas.

Dawn T said...

So elegant Judy. Red white and green do shout out Christmas for sure.

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful card Judy! Love poinsettias and your color combo is fabulous! TFS

Penny Ward said...

Oh I just love this card! The poinsettia is so vibrant and really stands out against the strips!

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card, judy! the poinsettia is just stunning!