Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My First Stencil Background

100_0161.JPG by judkajudy
 
I've been eager to try using stencils for a background and picked this Heidi Swapp stencil up at Michael's for 99 cents!

I placed it on white cardstock and sprayed with Kraft Glimmer Mist. Loved the result!! I then stamped Penny Black's Christmas Red and Green image onto the background. I added butterflies cut with Penny Black's creative die Flutters. That Christmas stamp has many non-Christmas possibilities.

I actually purchased four other stencils recently online and when they arrived I put them away very carefully ... so carefully that I cannot find them!! Is it possible I have too much stuff?

Wednesday is my grocery shopping day. I love the buy one get one free items. My receipt shows that I spent $97 but my savings came to $48. Not bad!!

And I want extra points for not mentioning that my husband once again locked his keys in the car at the golf course. Worse yet, he had left them in the ignition in the "on " position! Resutl: very dead battery. Thank goodness for Triple A!! I would like to say I handled it sweetly .... I would like to be able to say that!

Thanks for your visit.

7 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, Judy, I do love your posts! First, your card is wonderful and you are so right, the leafy sprig is certainly not just for Christmas.....wish I'd chosen it, DARN!
I will pass on your savings to Denny, he will be SO impressed! And I'm still grinning about the locking of the keys incident. Thanks for the chuckle - hugs!

Barb said...

I'm giggling right along with Lin! You definitely get points for being sweet about it! :)

LOVE your card! It's like magic when ya lift up that stencil, isn't it? Beautiful results, Judy!

Penny Ward said...

Can you say Gorgeous?!? I think spraying backgrounds is my new favorite technique...and your is lovely!!! Beautiful, Beautiful card. Thanks for the laugh at your husbands expense...love it!!!

Betty said...

wonderful card - love everything about it! i bought 2 stencils from hero and didn't realize they were so big - have yet to try them. will have to make my "first stencil card" soon - yours turned out so great!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the card! Now I have to get some stencils!

joy said...

Your posts always make me smile, Judy! LOVE the stenciled background and the Christmas stamp can definitely be used year round.

I'm sure your hubby was not too happy about leaving the keys in the car, but to leave them in the ignition with the car running would not be funny!!

Dawn T said...

delightful Judy. The kraft mist is beautiful. Great story about your hubby...