Saturday, September 14, 2013

CASology Silhouette Challenge


 
CASology Silhouette Challenge by judkajudy
I found this whale silhouette stamp in the dollar bin at Michael's, along with the wave stamp!! It was just meant to be. I stamped and embossed with white (took 8 tries to minimize the stray ep, in spite of Swiffer, embossing buddy and dryer sheet!) The sentiment is from Hero Arts. That's a Sizzix embossibillities pattern for the background. It turned out exactly as I saw it in my head ... finally!

I am entering this card in the CASology challenge where the cue word is "silhouette". I thought it would be fun to have a white silhouette instead of black!! My next purchase will be a jar of DETAIL white embossing powder!

We've had a lovely break in our hot and humid weather! Enjoyed sitting on the patio and having the windows open and the air conditioner turned off!

Thanks for your visit!!

10 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great card, Judy - we finally gotten a break too from the humidity and heat, although it was kind of cold today.....so I spend the whole day making cards....

Barb said...

Our AC is off too - it's a wonderful relief from the heat, but I'm not looking forward to what comes next - yuk! Lol! :)

LOVE your darling card, Judy! The navy and white combo looks awesome! ♥

Penny Ward said...

My favorite color combo...Navy & White. Your card is just too cute! I never think to look in the dollar bins...that was a Whale of deal on that stamp...hehehe

Dawn T said...

too cute Judy. Great idea to do a white silhouette.

Carole said...

Ahh...that is whaley cute sprouting fun.

Rosemary said...

what a fun take on the cue word, judy... so clever to emboss the whale in white! thanks for playing along with CASology!

Judy1223 said...

Judy, what a fun card! I love the white embossed silhouette against the dark blue...very original! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

This is so much fun! I love the ocean theme and the clean design! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Greta said...

What a fun card & perfect for the silhouette challenge, Judy!

alexandra s.m. said...

such a cool card!
Love it!!
TFS~