Monday, June 13, 2011

Tiffany Doodles Apple Bowl

Tiffany Doodles Apple Bowl by judkajudy
This is one of Tiffany's Doodles that presented a real challenge for me. Reds are not easy for me to color and round shapes are another difficulty for me! But there is hope; I have signed up for an online Copic coloring class that will begin tomorrow! These are some of the things I will learn how to handle!

In the meantime, this is the best I could do with this lovely bowl of apples!

Thank you for keeping our family, especially Michael in your prayers. We have no further information; assuming he is in Germany with plans to fly him to Bethesda soon. We have learned the military will pay for three family members to fly to Bethesda, so his Mom, Dad and sister will be there with him for awhile.

There is an ironnic twist to this story; Michael's best friend from high school who enlisted in the Marines with him suffered the same loss of legs two months ago and is currently at Bethesda. The two good friends will go through rehab together. They will have each other when they return home to their small community if Georgis.

Thank you again. I'm glad you stopped by.

5 comments:

donna mikasa said...

I'm so excited for you and the Copics class! Let me know how it goes and I'll sign up for the next session. The apples look great and very realistic!

I hope that Michael and his friend can support and inspire each other in the difficult days ahead. Blessings to the both of them...

Lin said...

So sorry to hear this sad news, Judy......life is so unpredictable. Keeping you all in my prayers and sending you hugs.

Nancy K said...

I like how you colored the apples and bowl; you did an admirable job of shading and making them come to life. Enjoy the Copics class, I'm sure you will find the confidence and polish you are looking for.

Michael has been in my prayers, Judy. It's really an answer to prayer that he will be reunited with a friend who can empathize with him. I'm so glad he will have his family with him too as he heals and deals with his traumas. Praying he will be held tightly in God's love and comfort.
Sending you hugs too!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is really beautiful! The red and yellow really contrasts well with your background!

Collette said...

This is LOVELY, Judy!