Monday, June 3, 2013

Penny Black Kisses in the Sun

Penny Black Kisses in the Sun by judkajudy
Collage stamps are a great way to know that your design works!! I love this woodblock stamp; the composition is pleasing. I stamped the image on a page from an old thesaurus, ( why didn't I use a dictionary? So much easier to spell!) choosing a page with an appropriate word to go with the image. What better word for a butterfly image than "belief"? The image is colored with Copics and I added some white enamel dots, pearls and "stitching" using a new white pen sent to me by a friend! I love it! It really works.

I was a spoiled birthday girl this past weekend. The best part was hearing from old and new and good friends by way of Facebook, emails, letters, cards and phone calls. Staying in touch really enriches our lives. I am grateful for all the love and attention!

Hope your Monday is going well and thank you for your visit!

11 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

What a beautiful card! Love that you used the thesaurus! Glad you had a good birthday.

Barb said...

Sounds like you had the perfect birthday, Judy! Love this beautiful card! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the design too - the white highlights add so much! :)

Lin said...

I love this, Judy - the text adds such a nice dimension!!

CinnamonSally said...

So glad you had a great Birthday Judy. Your card is so pretty.

Alice said...

beautiful colors and details. gorgeous card, Judy!

joy said...

This card is so beautiful, Judy! I love butterflies. A belated Happy Birthday to you.

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, Judy! I really appreciate them. And, in reference to a comment you made awhile back - my picture was taken 4 years ago when I was 70! This December I will be 75. It is time to update that photo, because I have since quit coloring my hair and it is white!!!!

sheila said...

Stunning card Judy! I just love the vibrancy of it! And happy belated birthday!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Judy. Belated birthday wishes... I missed your birthday. Another Gemini!!! Love your butterfly

Monika Reeck said...

Judy how are you...love that butterfly and great color combo too...Beautiful card...I MISS you...see you maybe on my blog Judy...

alexandra s.m. said...

Wonderful card Judy!
Love all the yummy details!
TFS~

Rosemary said...

what a pretty card, judy... after seeing your card think I need to add that stamp to my collection!