Thursday, June 6, 2013

Deborah Nolan's May Card Chain Challenge

Every month Deborah sponsors and coordinates an exchange of cards among stampers from all around the world.  Deborah presents options: follow a sketch, use a given combo of colors or create a card using a specific theme (friends, birthday, etc.).  Well, I must have been feeling a bit independent when I made a card for Jan in Alaska because I chose none of the above!!

I allowed the muse to take over and this is the card I made:

100_5345

I used Penny Black's transparent set Hedgie Friends for the fellow on the bicycle; I put the little mouse from Garden Critters in the basket, with a butterfly leading the way!

Jan has received the card and seemed to enjoy the happy scene!  Of course, bicycle-riding season is probably very short in Alaska!!  Hope this helps brighten some of those long dark Alaska days this winter!!

I am literally counting the days until little Evelyn arrives.  Only twelve more!!  I wonder if her Mom and Dad would consider moving closer to Grandma?  I will be jealous of all the people who will see her every day while I have to be content with Skype and occasional visits. 

Thanks for your visit!!  And your kind comments.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Another darling card, Judy! Just love this trio of friends! I'll bet Jan loves this card!

I'm looking forward to some photos of little Evelyn when she arrives! :)

joy said...

Lucky Jan to get this cute card! I love the blues (my favorite color) and I'm sure she loves this card, too.

I, too, tried to find your e-mail - here is mine:

jmeadows17 at neo dot rr dot com

The name Evelyn for a girl is just so pretty and a bit old-fashioned, too. My eleventh great grand was born last month in Missouri. Who'd a thunk it???

Lin said...

I'm SURE Jan loved this - it made me smile! I'm counting down those days right with you! So exciting!

Dawn Turley said...

Such a sweet card. Lucky Jan. Enjoy spending time with your little one

Scott Schmidlkofer said...

Mom, Your time with your grandaughter is directly related to the amount of spam rolls we recieve. 8 days and counting!

Pam from Maine said...

This card is so stinking cute! I really like EVERYTHING about this card. I also love PB stamps.