Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Its the Season!

Lots of graduations taking place lately.  I put this card together using only Creative Dies from Penny Black.  Not a stamp in sight!

51-029 Interlocking; 51-038 Hooray; 51-002 Leaves
I used the Interlocking die to create the patterned background out of cork "paper" and placed it onto a red card base.  A strip of kraft paper is the base for the Congrats die cut.  I love that font!!  I tied a twine bow around the stem of the elements from the Leaves Creative Die set.  And just for fun, I added the two white stars.

With a family our size, you can be sure I have listened to (endured) MANY graduation speeches!  The only one that has remained in my head is the woman who spoke ENDLESSLY at my son's Law School commencement of her own achievements over the decades!  I could see my son plotting his escape but caught his eye at the last minute and stared him into his seat!!

My brother video-taped the speech at his wife's advanced nursing degree commencement .. wonder how many times they have watched it?? 

Anyway, I firmly believe commencement speeches should be brief, should be humorous, and should be about the graduates, not the speaker!! 

A graduation from any program deserves congratulations and celebrations!!  The graduate has worked hard and persevered and sacrificed to claim the title "graduate"!

Life is good here in Alabama.  The weather has been perfect this week after a weekend of needed rain.  We are preparing for a weekend trip to Atlanta to visit the Atlanta family who is hosting the Wisconsin family for the holiday.  This means time with Lauren, Andrew and baby Evie as well as their parents.  I am cooking some family favorites to take along and look forward to serious family time!!

So good to spend time with you, too!!


6 comments:

Penny Ward said...

Oh, so love this card. But are you feeling well? There are no stamps on this one...hehehe.
And how in the world did I miss that wonderful "Congrats" die? That is a must have.
Your writing is so comical...such a joy to read!
Have fun with Evie...oh and those other people you will pay no attention to. :)

Rosemary said...

wonderful card, judy... love all the die cuts!

Barb said...

LOVE this, Judy! Awesome colors and design!

Enjoy your family time! Pictures of Evie please!!!!

Cindy C. said...

It's a fabulous card Judy!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Judy.

mimijudy1975 said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip, Judy. Time spent with family is the best. I know you'll have lots of fun with your grandchildren. i have a little granddaughter ,Ellie,who just turned one. Love to see pictures of you with the kids.