Monday, April 14, 2014

Penny Black Moody Monday

Well, it is a moody (and muddy) Monday today.  April showers and all that.  And how did I spend this day?  Challenging myself!  I've had this Penny Black stamp "Sparkle" for several years and after only one unsuccessful attempt at using it, put it back in the box.  Knowing that I still loved the image, I decided to spend some time working with it.
100_6378.jpg
Sparkle 4183K    Love Expressions 51-025

For this card, I stamped the image in a very light colored Memento ink and then colored it.  I kept the stamp in front of me while I worked to reinforce where the lines on the stamp were as they tended to disappear with the light colored ink.  I then used a fine line black pen to draw in the petals.  I fussy cut the flower and mounted it on Penny Black's diecut "Interlocking, which was then placed over dotted patterned paper.  The sentiment is Penny Black's creative die "Love Expressions". 
100_6376.jpg
Sparkle 4183K   Leaves 51-002

This is another venture into coloring with Copics and using a Penny Black diecut "Leaves" instead of the leaves that are included in the stamp.  A little patterned paper, and a little stitching and my latest favorite thing enamel brads.  I went to Michael's for enamel brads over the weekend and my bill was $50.00!!  How does that happen?
100_6380.jpg
Sparkle  4183K   wishes  51-036  Leaves 51-002

Last, and not least, is my watercolored version.  I stamped the image with Distress ink, Brown Corduroy and used my Inktense colored pencils to watercolor the image.  The brown from the Distress ink blended a bit with my pink pencil, so I ended up with my own custom color!!  I highlighted the petals by going over the lines with the Inktense pencil.  Once again, I added a diecut from "Leaves" and a sentiment from " Wishes".

So there you have it!  Glad I didn't back down from the challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by on this moody Monday!  Why not take the challenge and pick up that stamp that has been neglected for awhile and see what happens!!

4 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful work, Judy, so glad you rediscovered this beauty. And may I say that that interlocking die is amazing! It really sets off your flower beautifully!

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, judy! the coloring on each one is just lovely... i have this stamp and seeing your cards has me thinking i need to get it inky!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous. You have nailed the stamp this time.

Greta said...

You were on a roll, Judy! Loving that flower--all different looks! My favorite is the second card--really caught my eye!