Saturday, January 7, 2012

Big Eyes

Big Eyes by judkajudy
.
This afternoon there was another 90 Minute Scramble on the Hero Arts blog. It's always a challenge to see if you can design, create and upload a card within the 90 minute time frame!

This weeks' challenge was to stamp an image on patterned paper. I had a great time stamping this big-eyed owl on many different papers, but this one by Cosmo Cricket was my favorite.

The fun part of this card is that the owl is wearing big clear buttons for eyeglasses! I know I will be using this stamp quite a bit. It's one of the new 2012 stamps from hero Arts.  My cabin mate from last summer's Stamp Camp sent me this stamp for Christmas!  This is the first time I've had a chance to ink it up!!  Love him to pieces!

It's a rainy, gloomy day in Huntsville; perfect for stamping. A pot roast is simmering in the oven; the chores are done for the day.

Hope you are all having a great weekend; thanks for stopping by!!

12 comments:

Nancy K said...

I just love this wise owl...he's a totally cool hipster with those happening specs! Love this card, Judy, it's fun and designed so well in such a short time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

donna mikasa said...

Love your card, Judy! And clear buttons for the eyes? Genius! Dang, I missed the Scramble--hope to join one soon. Have a great weekend!

Barb said...

Love that adorable owl! He's even more fun with his "glasses!" Wonderful card, Judy! Sure was a fun scramble, wasn't it?

I received your email and will answer soon - been so busy. . .

sheila said...

Judy, your card looks fantastic! I love how it turned out on the patterned paper and the button eyes are so cool! how clever!

Dawn T said...

Love his big eyes Judy. Such a fun card.

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely LOVE this card! you so nailed the challenge!

CinnamonSally said...

This is such a fun card Judy and I am loving those specs. That stamp is a must have I think!!

Mariƫtte said...

Oh this owl is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

loving the Steampunk look

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love that the owl is wearing glasses! (Thanks for telling how you made them -- I was looking and looking and trying to figure it out.)

Jenifer Ann said...

Absolutely adorable Judy. I just bought this stamp and haven't had time to ink it up yet - love this card!

Anonymous said...

The owl is totally adorable! However, I really like the hot air balloon too. It would make a great masculine cards.